Taco Soup for the Soul: Easy to Follow Recipe for Busy Nights
Looking for something warm and tasty for dinner on those chilly winter nights?
Well, we’ve got the recipe for you!
This filling, low-calorie soup is an easy option to make and prepare. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights where you’re too tired to cook or follow a complicated recipe. Not to mention, it’s delicious and sure to leave your appetite satisfied.
Serves: 10 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time 30 minutes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground meat
- 2 cans sweet corn, undrained
- 2 cans black beans, undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix
- 3 cups water
– Step 1: Saute onion and bell pepper in a medium saucepan for 3-5 minutes. Add ground meat and continue to saute until meat is thoroughly cooked.
– Step 2: In a large pot add the remaining ingredients. Add the meat, pepper, and onion mixture once it has finished cooking. Continue to cook over medium-high heat until heated through.
Optional toppings: corn chips, avocado, lime wedges, shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream
To make this recipe gluten-free be sure to snag a gluten-free ranch seasoning mix.